Magic Dust from 17th Street BBQ
This rub truly is magical. Mike Mills came up with this recipe and his record speaks for itself. You’ll find it in Peace, Love and Barbecue. You buy it in and their amazing sauces on their website.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL paprika
- 1/4 cup/60 mL kosher salt, finely ground
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chili powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup/60 mL granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne
Have to start from the basics. North Carolina Mop sauce is a must if you are making pulled pork. That zip from the red pepper flakes and tang from the vinegar make magic happen.